My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sidelines.bruceely.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blazers clinch playoffs

Portland Trail Blazers guard Steve Blake passes the ball to LaMarcus Aldridge. Photo by Bruce Ely of The Oregonian

Went on the road with the Portland Trail Blazers to photograph them clinching their spot in the playoffs for the first time since 2003. There was talk about great locker room access if all went as planned. Well, it didn't go as planned. In fact -- worse case scenario happened. The spot was clinched with the Suns getting blown out by Dallas before Portland even played.

Since it was not a Blazers win that clinched it for them, the PR folks decided not to let me into the locker room. What made it worse is that Portland lost to Houston. So, I had to try to get pictures of the team making the playoffs in a game that they lost. Ugh.

Anyway, I photographed this picture of Steve Blake on the trip.

Access is so important and so difficult to get in professional sports. For that reason alone I think photographing professional sports is way overrated.

0 comments:

About This Blog

I hate to put too many restraints on this blog. I'd like to keep it to sports photography, but I'm affraid I will run out of things to say pretty quickly. So, my plan is to post both old and new pictures from my adventures in photography.

All images and video on this site are copyright 2000-2009 The Oregonian or Bruce Ely. Any unauthorized use is prohibited.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP